Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Regret free life


Regret free life

When we are kids everything seems easy and the world seems so big. There was no dream too big to follow and the imagination has no limits. It doesn’t matter which part of the world you are born, another part of the world always appears more interesting. Some of us have always known what we wanted to be when we grow up, but for some of us it changed all the time. The reality is that time does fly and before we know it we grow up. At this point most of us look back with regret and wish things were different.

When I was young I was so sure that when I grew up I wanted to become a doctor. But things do not always work out the way we want them to. Not everyone’s life is simple. I had to let go of my dream of being a medical doctor. There are many people out there working in jobs that are in no way related to what they dreamed about. Most of us accept it easily but some of us struggle and wish they could have had their dream jobs.

The same thing goes with lifestyle, weight, attitude, friendship, family, relationships, etc. Many of us want to feel healthy and look healthy from the inside and outside. But we aren’t always making choices that do that. Our life’s stress and circumstances change our attitudes and we become negative. We all know that negative energy is very strong and powerful; anyone around us can feel it. I believe all of us want to provide the best things for our families but how many of us are successful? In addition how many of us go to bed at the end of the day and feel like we’ve come up short? We all want to raise our kids in a happy and healthy environment. Unfortunately not everyone is able to. Relationships are another big issue that many of us feel guilty about. Every single person deserves to be in a healthy and happy relationship. But we only have control of ourselves. What the other person is doing is their responsibility although it affects those around them.

 Friendship is a beautiful thing. Some friends are better than family members and some friends are not good for us or for our families. I personally had to let go of many of my friends that I realized weren’t good influences. At first I felt really bad and tried not to break the friendship but at some point I had to put myself first.  

We are all human and nobody’s life is perfect. We need to let go of our guilt and start accepting the reality of life. The people who are our real friends, and who deeply care for us, will always be there no matter what.

But we need to remember that no situation is permanent. Sometimes we simply need to hang in there for just a little bit longer. Look outside of the box and let go of the past. Live in the present moment because it’s real and that’s all we have. Many of us have guilt and sometimes in our lives we all wish we can go back and change our past. But it isn’t possible. We should learn from the past and try not to make the same mistake again. As long as we live we will be making mistakes, we’re human.

At-least we can make our lives better with time and start living a guilt free life. We will feel more at peace with the understanding that your faults aren’t your weaknesses because they can be turned into strengths.

I am 40 years old and when I look back on my life I have a whole list of guilt but at some point I had to accept it. I did what I knew back then and it felt right at that time. My future is awaiting me and that is what should be focused on. “When you know better you do better”.




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely guilt free after reading this! :) light like a feather now... love loads!

    ReplyDelete