Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Good news


Good news

It seems like bad things happen to good people and that there are more bad people in this world than good people. I recently had a personal experience involving this that I would like to share. We are working in education and somehow are making a difference in a child’s life every day. Besides being educators we all have personal lives too. When we all come to work it doesn’t matter what happened the night before at home. We come to work with positive attitudes and look at each day as a new day. But for some of us it isn’t easy to smile each day and forget about what’s happening at home.

Last week was a very hard week for me and I felt overwhelmed. I happened to share my woes with some of my co-workers and felt pretty good after I let it all out. They listened to me, supported me, and said many positive things to me. My situation didn’t change but I felt better knowing that there are people at work that I can trust and count on. It means a lot to me. Two days later there was a card in my mailbox with something else also in it, from an amazing person. She wrote many positive things about me and life. I was speechless and couldn’t stop the tears from rolling down my face. I walked to this person and tried my best to return it because I knew this amazing person wasn’t in a great situation. She refused to take it back and said to me, “A couple of years ago, when I was going through a hard time, someone else passed this blessing to me and told me that this is not for you to keep but to use it and later when you think you are ready pass it onto someone else”. I felt very touched and blessed. I truly believe there are more good people than bad, though the good aren’t featured on the front page of the newspaper they are out there. I happened to meet one of them in my own building. She inspired me and when I am ready, it’s my job to pass it on to someone else. That person should pass it onto someone else and blessing will continue on.

 

1 comment:

  1. thatshw we r here to breath just bcoz of loads of gud ppl n ofcorz we hav to b thanks full of bad ppl who help us to met with thm :) cheers sweety i feel proud of u realy <3

    ReplyDelete