Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Worry free life


Worry free life



Growing up, my life was full of worries and stress due to many life factors.  When I was a young adult the idea of a worry free life, sounded really good to me and many times I used to wonder how I would feel when my life would be worry free. When I could just relax and not worry for anything. Wouldn’t it be nice if we all had a worry free life? The older I got the more I got a reality check and to me the reality check is; there is always something that will be on my mind and I have to take care of it. As a responsible adult or a parent we have a lot of responsibilities. And there are many days we feel overwhelmed, stressed and worried. It took me years of understanding, until we die we will always have something to worry about or take care of.

            But this is how I feel; yes, life isn’t fair and our plates are full of things but we worry too much about everything. There are things we have no control over and don’t have a choice so we just have to accept it and take care of it. But there are things for example, car problems, family issues or weather. We shouldn’t drag it on or worry for days.

            I read a really nice book, it’s all about self-improving. Recently, I happened to grab it again, in his book the author talks about how there is no tomorrow, the only thing we have is today. When we worry, we aren’t worried about right now, most of the time we are worrying about the future. Worry is fear of unknowns and unknowns are in the future, which hasn’t happened yet. And when we worry for our future, we spoil our present. And that’s the only thing we have. We can be in the present moment, feeling and enjoy it. Another thing I really like about his book is, he asked us to look and feel yourself, right now are you in any kind of pain, comfortable, are you around your family or is everyone doing fine where ever they are. If your answer is yes then that’s a present moment and let go all of tomorrow’s worries and be in the moment. That’s all we have and it’s a very powerful thing.

            I agree with him. Here and there I do this exercise and it has brought me back to the present moment. I noticed I feel lighter and more focused too. It doesn’t mean you are in denial or avoiding your problems. Instead of worry focus on the solution, if there are any. If not then accept it as you have chosen the situation, this way you won’t struggle every single day. 

            Everyone deals with things differently and we are all right our own way. If I have something on my mind and I’m struggling, I write it down and that helps me face my problems and find a solution. Some people like to talk about it, some like to keep it inside. It’s all good as long as we get to the solution and move on from there.

Worrying isn’t good just for our mind. It’s effect physically too. From http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/how-worrying-affects-your-body “Chronic worrying affects your daily life so much that it interferes with your appetite, lifestyle habits, relationships, sleep, and job performance. Many people who worry excessively are so anxiety-ridden that they seek relief in harmful lifestyle habits such as overeating, cigarette smoking, or using alcohol and drugs”. Also this:

  • difficulty swallowing
  • dizziness
  • dry mouth
  • fast heartbeat
  • fatigue
  • headaches
  • inability to concentrate
  • irritability
  • muscle aches
  • muscle tension
  • nausea
  • nervous energy
  • rapid breathing
  • shortness of breath
  • sweating
  • trembling and twitching

When the excessive fuel in the blood isn’t used for physical activities, the chronic anxiety and outpouring of stress hormones can have serious physical consequences, including:

  • suppression of the immune system
  • digestive disorders
  • muscle tension
  • short-term memory loss
  • premature coronary artery disease
  • heart attack



And that’s why we shouldn’t worry but be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment