Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Next Chapter of our lives!


Next Chapter of our lives!

 
When our children born, we are happy and get busy taking care of them and trying our best to raise them. Most parents especially mothers, forget who they are and put their children’s needs and desires first. I was/am one of those mothers. We parents enjoy everything they learn from crawling to potty training. I was 22 and 23 years old when I had my first and 2nd daughter. They are both beautiful girls. I had the privilege to be a stay at home mom. I have seen them grow up like a flower blooms in front of one’s eyes. Now suddenly they have grown up, I don’t know when and how that happened. They are both taller than me, talk to me like adults, are very mature and finishing high school.  

 It seems like yesterday when my oldest started high school. I knew that after four years, once she is done with high school, she will go to college and that following year my youngest will do the same thing. When I was raising my daughters I made sure they thought outside of the box and experienced as such as they could. The world is huge but no matter your dreams, anything can be achieved. By having their parents being from Pakistan and growing up in America they found a balance of both cultures.

My oldest daughter is graduating in May of 2012 from high school.  And in the Fall of 2012 she will be in college. This is my first experience and I don’t know how other parents feel about it.  I raised my child like she was in a plastic bubble. I protected her as such as I could and now suddenly, she will be her own. I am very happy for her. She is looking forward to the next chapter of her life; college. I want her to live her life and get experiences.

When my both girls were born that was the happiest day of my life. My oldest was always mature for her age.  Her teachers love her and she always did the right thing.  She is my daughter and my friend. Since I became a single parent after a very short time, I felt like I wasn’t alone or empty. I had two children.

 Whatever my oldest was doing was my first experience too.  I grew up with her too. And suddenly it feels like this is it, I have done my job and it’s time for her to be on her own. I have to trust her and believe that she will know what to do no matter what comes her way. She will always need her mother but I can’t be with her everywhere she goes.  She will make mistakes too, but this is the only way she is going to find her path of life.

 I don’t care where she goes to college as long as in the end she is happy with her decision. This is my first experience and I don’t know how other parents feel, when their kids go to college. Right now my emotions are high and low. I am truly very proud of her and want her to live her life, but at the same time I want to protect her.  

It’s a new chapter of both of our lives. As a single parent, that’s the only life I have. But now it feels like suddenly they don’t need me as much as they used to and it’s time for me to start thinking about myself and not only her. I don’t like that idea but I understand.  I am someone who always likes to be busy and is always doing something so I know I will be fine. But we parents also grow up with our kids and it doesn’t matter what chapter we are in our lives, we face it and deal with it. I wish her all the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment