Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Power of positive energy


Power of positive energy

Have you noticed how people from different places have different energies and different atmospheres? Some places you go make you want to stay this is the same with people, some people attract you and therefore you spend more time with them. The reverse is true as well.  You meet with these people and have no desire to see them again. Everything has energy, it isn’t spiritual or scientific. It’s an innate thing within all of us, it’s a gut feeling that we receive from places and people. Positive people and places draw us back in, when we return to those places or people it’s just as fun and welcoming as it was before.

I am a big believer in energy and I have my own personal positive and negative experiences about places and people. Ever since I moved to the U.S returning back home to Pakistan has always been a peculiar experience for me. Don’t forget that experiences are different for everyone, so someone’s negative experience may also be another’s positive one. As soon as I got off the airplane in Karachi and touched down in Pakistan, I felt negative energy all over me. It was like a cloud overwhelming me. Even though I was going home and looking forward to meeting with my family, part of me wanting to turn around and come back to America.

It’s sad to say but every time that I have gone, I have felt the same negative energy. The last time I returned I took my daughters with me. I was worried and nervous the whole time and counting the days until we came back. When we were coming back to the U.S we had a layover at Heathrow, and because of the positive feeling I had there I felt perfectly comfortable letting my daughters walk around. I couldn’t do that in Karachi.

We all know that negative energy is powerful. You don’t realize it but it takes over you in no time and you get pulled in. When we are young we don’t understand these kinds of things, but with age and experiences we start to understand more and more.  Negative people are everywhere; they are in our families, neighborhood, and work places. In some cases we can’t avoid them. But I have learned that although negative energy is strong, positive energy is stronger and contagious. It’s not easy to think positive all the time but it has the power to change our outlook, and to change the negative into the positive. It is happy, relaxing, contagious, hopeful, confidence, and good for our soul and body, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it” (Charles Swindoll).  

I have always been a positive person but there are some days where it’s hard to be positive all the time. But that’s when I notice how quickly the negative takes over. Even the people around me; my daughters, co-workers and family can all feel my negative energy. I normally bounce back pretty quickly, but as most people can attest, it isn’t the easiest. Your energy affects how others feel too, if you are feeling good and positive that will rub off on others as well. So why not try to look at things as if, “The glass is always half full”.

            Not all, but lots of people have negative thinking and want others to feel sorry for them and pity them. Those people are generally unhappy, and always have that perspective. They may constantly be complaining and making things about their lives not others. Those kinds of people are choosing to live that way, so why should you have to have that energy and outlook given to you as well? I have known many people who have experienced those kinds of situations. When you try to give them something positive, the opposite happens. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t help those friends, everyone is responsible for their own actions. Help as much as you can, but don’t forget who you are, you deserve to be around happiness.

            I believe positive people are happy and hopeful people. You don’t need money or things to be happy but changing your attitude can do it. Having a positive attitude is a very strong tool and good for a healthy body and mind. Whatever has happened in the past is over, there is no way to change. So instead focus on the present and hope for the best of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment