Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Under age parties or danger


Under age parties or danger



            You all had have heard the news about the Ohio high school football players sexual assault of an intoxicated 16 years old. It’s all over the news and if you haven’t heard hare is the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/steubenville-high-school-football-players-found-guilty-rape-16-year-old-judge-article-1.1291087

            I don’t know where to began writing about this inhumanly act. After reading this news my emotions where sky rocking, I felt angry, frustrated, sad and very mad at those parents who didn’t know where there kids where and because of lack of parenting now poor 16 years old girl had to deal this horrible incident rest of her life and those two football players future got destroyed and instated of finishing high school and follow there dreams they are sitting in a jail for now. I am not supporting kids but how many 16 or 17 years old are mature to understand what’s right or wrong for them, not many. And who’s job to be there and supervise them, us parents. But if some parents don’t think under age drinking and out of control parties are okay then I feel sorry for them. I hope this is the wakeup call for many kids and the parents. Just because your kids are honor student and involved in sport that doesn’t mean your parenting job is over. Our kids still need for our giddiness. We shouldn’t have over confidence in our kids and believe my kids will never do such a thing like that.

When I was watching this case on 20/20 http://abcnews.go.com/Health/steubenville-rape-trial-15-tips-parents-alcohol-sex/story?id=18785416#.UU81njecxac I was having a really hard time trying to understand the whole situation what had happened and how but a lot had went wrong. What about kids curfew how 16 and 17 years old was out that late of the night and where did they get that much alcohol, there was no adult supervision. The girl had so much alcohol in her system she didn’t remembered what happened night before. Kids went to three different parities same night and in all three homes there was no adult/parent available. My mind is puzzled. And there was lost of other teens but none of them thought what was wrong on was wrong may be we should call our parents or police instead of that they took her naked pictures and video tape and twitted. To me every single person where involved are responsible for what happened that night.

 I am also a parent of two teen daughters and I feel like when my girls friends come over to our house for anything as a adult I am not just responsible for my daughter but to other kids too because I am the adult here. And I also hope if someone seems my daughters doing they shouldn’t doing or if they are in danger someone would call police or me.

I am sure many of Mahomet community families are aware underage kids drinking and parting but if you aren’t please be were. Let’s not live in a denial and think my child would never do that such a thing or my kids is a honor student she/he is mature enough to do such a thing. That is so not true. The two Ohio school football players were very good students too and from a good family. I know and I am sure you know that too underage drinking and parities happening in Mahomet too and especially during and after the gradation time. I am hope we all parents and the kids would have learned lesson from there mistake. And hope and pray our kids would make a right decision and later be proud of them and make us proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment