Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What’s life?


What’s life?

When we were young our thinking was limited but now as an adult there is no limit and that’s why right now I’m just going to talk about myself, but I’m sure many of you readers have also asked “what’s life is all about”? There are times in life we get caught up and forget about everything else but as soon as we take a break and start thinking, “what am I am doing with my life? “Is this is how I should be living my life?” or, “what’s the meaning of life?”

When we buy things, they usually come with an instruction manual and if we don’t’ like it, we can always return it and get our money back but life doesn’t come with a manual. We wish, right?  Every experience we go through teaches us about ourselves prepares us for the future. All over the world, millions of people are struggling with sicknesses or pain. Generation to generation, having a tough time, I wonder, how do they pursuit life?

I ask this question to my friends and co-workers and nobody’s answer matches with each other but all of their answers are right. There is no right or wrong answer about what’s life. It’s all how we look at it. For some people life is a journey not a destination or for others we all have a purpose. It’s up to us individually how we look at it.

As a human being, when we’re going through a good time we don’t think about this kind of stuff, we enjoy and want to freeze that happy moment but life has its’ ups and downs. When we’re going through a hard time, that’s when our focus shifts to ourselves and we forget about the good times but think how hard life is. Which isn’t true at all, we have constant changes in our lives.

            For me, my life isn’t perfect and will never be but life is beautiful and I try my best to focus on what I have, not on what I don’t or what I wish I had.  Yesterday was the day 22 years ago, I moved to the States from Karachi, Pakistan. I don’t know where I’ll be after 22 years but as long as my family and I are happy and healthy it’s doesn’t matter where I’ll be.

When I look at young kids, being busy playing, having fun and living in the moment, that’s also life to me. They don’t care what’s going to happen next. The next thing is the future and the future hasn’t happened yet but present is so why waste it on worrying for the future.  I read somewhere, “Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.” Isn’t that true? I think most of us, including myself, tend to focus on the other way. 90 present is a big number and it’s all about attitude. Even when we’re going through a tough time, we should change our attitudes and I’m sure all of us would fine something positive from it and that would help us become more understanding and would help us to keep moving.  Having a positive attitude is the key for many successful people and lives. And that’s something we were all born with and no one can take it but we can always pass it on to other people+. It’s a very powerful tool.

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact”

No comments:

Post a Comment