Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Boston Bombing



Boston Bombing



 When I heard the news about the Boston bombing, the question came in to my mind like many others did, why? A marathon is such a beautiful thing. This is a first year I did my 5k and the achievement feeling was indescribable. I can’t ever imagine how the people who have been running for many years feel each year. And for many, this was their first marathon. So why would people do such a horrible thing? What do they get out of it?

According to our media, the bombers were young brothers who happened to be from Chechnya and were Muslims. I don’t care where they are from or what religion they belong to. It was an inhumanly act and they are fully responsible for it.  How dare they kill people and injure many. There is no excuse for them. I feel horrible for the ones who have lost their lives and for the runners and also for their families. Those poor innocent people had nothing to do with their personal issues. I am sad to say I feel like we aren’t safe anywhere. Now we never know anything can happen to anybody and anywhere. And that’s not the way should be. What happened to our freedom?

            We all have been watching in the news about the Middle east, bombings everyday has become normal to them. Even in my country Pakistan; bombings, killings, and strikes are so common people have become used to it. I hope the United States never gets to that place where humans become so cheap and have no values.  I hope this was the last time and we all will live free and don’t have to think twice before we step outside our doors.

            I am not a religious person but I do believe in God. And I believe nobody has the right to take another humans life except God. This is the United States of America. All over the world people come to this country for freedom or for better lives. I wish and I am praying this kind of act never happens again to this county and we all live safe and free lives.

Zainab Susi

No comments:

Post a Comment