Monday, June 12, 2017

My perfect Mother's Day!

When I was a little girl, just like many other girls, I also dreamed about being a mother. And somehow before ever got pregnant I knew I will only have girls. Twenty- three years ago, my oldest daughter, Iman made me a mother and then later my youngest daughter, Herrah, was born. There is no doubt about how much I love my girls and love being a mother.
Iman was my Mother’s Day gift baby because she was born four days before Mother’s Day. Every year for last 23 years we have been celebrating Iman’s birthday with Mother’s day. But this year is even more special for me.
Four years ago, Herrah went to Loyola University. And we all knew four years later she would be graduating but we didn’t know the date until recently. She is graduating on Mother’s day weekend. How great is that! It’s a beautiful circle. Iman made me a mom on Mother’s day and Harrah's graduating on Mother’s Day weekend. I couldn't ask a better gift then that.
My feelings are overwhelmed with the excitement. Thirteen years ago, when I become a single parent, I couldn't even imagine that 13 years later both of my girls will be college graduates from very nice universities. I was hopeful and wishful, but my circumstances wouldn't let me think that far. Today, when I look back it seemed unreal to imagine my girls and I had come this far. We survived the storm by keeping swimming and never quitting. I can’t describe how happy and proud I was of myself and my girls.
Graduation is one of my favorite times. It doesn’t matter if you are graduating from high school or college. It’s a huge milestone for every child . And nobody can take that degree from you. From the bottom of my heart congratulations to all the graduations and to their parents//family/supporters. They couldn't done it without your support.
All the mothers out there, either you are a new mom or you have been one for a long time. A very happy Mother’s Day to you. Enjoy each day and make memories. Happy Mother’s Day!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment