Saturday, February 11, 2017

My role model

A few weeks ago, a few different people gave me a very nice compliment on my looks. And those person have known me for a while. I took it as it was. But I also added this, “Well I thank you very much for saying that, but I have nothing to do with my looks. That’s how God made me. For me it’s more important to be beautiful on the inside. And that’s what I am working on every single day”. This person replied, “Because you are beautiful from inside on the inside,  it shows on your face and also in your character”.
Right away, I got teary eyed. At that moment I missed my Ami so much. My ultimate goal of my life is to be beautiful on the inside just like my Ami. I was feeling proud about people starting to see that in me. But at the same time I know I have a long way to go. My Ami was a complete woman. She didn't have money to spend or a big house to live in. She didn’t travel much; as a matter of fact I don’t ever remember her taking a vacation. Or doing something just for herself. She always included us, her daughters. But she was rich in many ways.She understood life and people at a pretty early age. She was caring, loving, kind, nice, understanding, passionate, sweet, soft, beautiful, mature educated and compassionate toward everyone. And the most important thing she was my mother. I don’t think I will ever reach her level, but at least she is my role model and she helps me to be a better person every single day.
Many people have higher education and they have higher paying jobs, too. But that doesn’t define us. What defines us is how we treat others and how caring and loving we are toward each other. Finding a balance is also very important. We are playing many roles, and I know as humans we aren’t always winning but it’s not always about winning but trying our best. We are always learning and we will never stop learning until we die. And everyday is different. So hang in there and keep thinking positive and find a role model and if you don’t have a role model you become someone else.  Life would be so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment