Sunday, March 1, 2015

Feeling unappreciated


Recently I experienced that I wasn’t being appreciated. I am sure, if not all, but many of us at some point have experienced this. It’s not a very friendly feeling and especially if it comes out as a surprise.
When that happened to me, of course I wanted to react the same way so that person can feel how that person made me feel, but instead of reacting I took my time and absorbed how I was feeling. To me, it’s fascinating to observe and feel how our thought process and our body changes. In no time, all of my positive thoughts were out of the window and I become negative. I felt stressed and tension all over my body.
I have been working on myself to become a positive person as much as possible, but when something happens like this, that’s when we can see how much we have learned. I saw myself just as I was about to react as a negative unhappy person, but I choose not to. All day long it was bothering me. And I also choose not to give this person my power to control me. I did reply back in a calm and positive action.
My whole point of writing about this is: Don’t let anyone control you. And just because you are a nice, friendly and hard working person it doesn’t mean everyone is going to like you. We like to think that, right? And we all wish we could get along with everyone, but in reality it’s not always possible. And we have to accept that instead of taking it personally.
Later on I thought about this kind of situation more and I came to the conclusion that it’s almost always about that person who is making the other person feel unappreciated. What ever the reason is, yes, it’s unfair to that person and not a very nice thing to do. I know as humans when we have a lot going on, many times we feel overwhelmed and somehow we react in a wrong way at the wrong person. And that’s the most important time is to see how we handle situations when we are overwhelmed. Make sure we aren’t hurting our loved ones who truly care for us. It’s our own reaction that can bring people closer to us or push them far away. So before you react, makesure you think about how you are going to react.
Another important factor is we are around all kinds of good. And some good people give you the right advice and some might give you the wrong advice. It’s up to us to decide who we want to share with and make sure that person won’t make things more complicated but rather help you to calm you down and give you positive and healthy advice. Once again not everyone thinks positively as many of us do.
When we feel unappreciated we just want to quit. But please don’t quit, keep doing what you have been doing. It’s not about you at all. It’s about another person. Keep doing what you believe is the right thing to do. We all know doing the right thing isn’t easy at all but it’s the right thing to do. “What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling”. “Maid in Manhattan”

No comments:

Post a Comment