Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Prayer

Prayer

Dear God, my mother is very sick.It’s only you has the power to give and take life.She needs you more than ever.Please help her and take her pain away.She is our mother and we love her so much.Our hearts ache to see her in pain.She raised us alone but with only your help was she able to. All her life she has trusted you more than anyone.She still needs you, please stay with her.Give her peace and make her heart believe.She is safe and secure and in your protection She is our mother and we love her so much.
January 17, 2014 4:00 AM. I got a text from my family back home that my mother’s blood pressure went pretty low and she wasn’t doing well. I got really scared. I picked up the phone and talked to my family and gave them advice on the things they could do in this situation. And told them to keep checking her blood pressure every 15 minutes and let me know. After I hung-up the phone of-course I couldn’t go back to bed. My mind was with my mother and I was going through all kinds of emotions. Then suddenly I was on my laptop and was searching for a prayer for my mother. But I couldn’t find any. The next thing I knew, while tears were rolling on my cheeks, I was writing a prayer. I have never written a prayer before. Hours later I got a text from my sister saying mom’s blood pressure back to normal and she wants to see you.    
It has been 10 months since her stroke happened. In reality we know she will never be the same again. But we feel blessed she is still around us. Each day is a different day. It’s absolutely horrible to see parent’s suffering. I personally hate this time of my life. The whole family is under so much stress. Everyone is trying to make her comfortable as much as possible but when we see her in pain or suffering we feel very hopeless and helpless. But we know besides God nobody knows why people suffer and when their suffering will end.  
                My mother had a very hard life and some days I get very angry at God and ask him when will her suffering will end and why her? All her life she never bothered anyone or asked for anything. She is like an angel. She lives a very simple life, always trusts God and asks his guidance. I can close my eyes and see my childhood. She always put us (her daughters) first. I don’t remember my father at all. My mother was my mother and father both. The idea of losing her frightens me, it seems unreal. I know that day is coming but how can you be fully ready? She is our mother and we love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment