Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy love day

Valentine's Day is around the corner. The stores are full of Valentine’s products.  Many couples are excited and can’t wait to celebrate the day with their lovers. Lots of people are planing  to get engaged, and some get married this day. The excitement and the love is in the air. I wonder how many of us and especially the new generation know why we celebrate Valentine's Day. Here is the link  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day
To my observation many people think Valentine's Day is about getting box of chocolate, roses, heart shaped cards, kisses and looking pretty. No. Those are all martial things. It’s more than that. It’s about your feelings for one another and sharing love. And it’s not limited to only couples. Love is for everyone. It’s also about friendship and care.
Sadly to say, Valentine’s Day is not a happy and loving day for many people. It’s a biggest breakup day of the year after New Year’s Day. Here is where you can read more about it. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/breakups-spike-valentine-day-article-1.1265183  How sad is that? But that’s life. To me we shouldn't focus on one day of the year to celebrate love day. It should be everyday. It doesn't mean spending money or making a big deal about it. We should let each others  know how much they mean to us and respect, love and care for them every single day. It’s the feelings we provide for each other that stays with us forever, not the box of chocolate, flowers or pretty places.    

I am not into material things and I truly treasure people around me. Each of you individuals are very important to me. I feel pretty blessed and lucky to have all of you beautiful people around me and part of my life. And you know who you are. I am trying to live my life as if  there is no tomorrow so what I have is only today. I may not get an another chance to say I love you all and happy love day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment