Sunday, May 11, 2014

Another dream came true!

Another dream came true!
            Since I was a child along with many others dreams I also dreamt of modeling or acting. But due to life circumstances I couldn’t achieve that dream. Also Pakistani culture doesn't approve of it. And that’s why I never shared this dream with anyone. I knew if I told someone I would hear something negative and I would feel bad about dreaming about something like that. But that dream has always been alive in me.
After I moved to Mahomet in 1999 I found a modeling agency in Champaign. I called the person and talked to her but there was something about that place and the person that I didn’t like, but I did get the chance to make a commercial and being in a graduation catalog. Yet it didn’t feel fulfilling. I didn’t enjoy at all and the owner wasn't professional at all and very shortly I found out she closed her business. I was disappointed but wasn't satisfied how she was running her business. Then I got busy raising my girls and here and there I thought back to my dream. 
Last year I met Cara day though another my friend. Cara told me she is involved in acting and she is also a director assistant of Johnny Robinson. Johnny Robinson is an independent movie director.http://gardenofchloe.weebly.com/johnny-robinson.html. After I told her I was interested in acting, she sent me his email address and told me he is looking for actors for his new independent movie,http://gardenofchloe.weebly.com in town.  I got excited and emailed him introducing myself and letting him know I am interested. A couple days later he replied back and asked me to meet with him at his home because that’s where he is making the movie and he wanted me to see the place too. 
First I felt a little hesitant meeting a stranger for the first time at his home. I called him and asked him to meet at the bookstore but once he picked up the phone and explained why he wanted to meet at his home all of my worries went away.  There was something inside of me that said, don’t worry about it it’s all good. Believe it or not, the minute I met him I felt very comfortable. He made me feel very welcomed. We met for an hour or so. I told him that I don’t know much about acting and don’t have any experience but I am interested.  He asked me about myself and he told me about the role he thinks I would fit based on my personality and also told me, “I don’t want you to act but be yourself”. I really liked that.  He also named my character my real name “Zainab”. What more could I ask for? I met his beautiful and fully supportive wife and other actress and camera crew. Every single person is very nice. I am having a great time and am looking forward to the shooting. My HUGE thank you to Cara Day and to Johnny Robinson, for giving me this fun, lifetime experience. I am truly grateful for that.
I am a dreamer and also I believe dreams do come true. Sometime it takes time and something do come true but sometimes not the way we planned it. I never thought I would be acting in an independent movie here in Urbana, IL. When I told my family about it, they were very happy for me and fully supported.  But sadly the culture still doesn't approve and from the culture prospective acting and modeling is something good people don’t do. I am glad I don’t think like that and I am following my dreams. If someone doesn't approve of what I do or wants to judge me that’s okay because I am very comfortable about who I am. I don’t have to prove to anyone anything, I just live my life the way I want to live it. How often do we get chances like this.
My whole point of writing this story is that, it doesn't matter what your dream was or is. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t achieve it. They’re your dreams so it’s your job to take care of it and to make it happen. Whatever your dream is you are never ever too old to achieve it. Don’t doubt yourself but believe in yourself and then others will too. Everything starts within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment